Tommy Emmanuel is a legendary guitarist. He has been playing guitar for over five decades and has formulated his own unique style of playing. He is also one of Australia’s most respected musicians, having won countless awards, including Australia’s Best Guitarist award four times and an ARIA award for Best Blues & Roots Album.
Emmanuel’s unique style has been influenced by many different types of music, such as blues, bluegrass, jazz, and country. His fingerpicking technique is so fast that he must have superhuman hands. What kind of guitar does Tommy Emmanuel play? In this post, I will tell you what type of guitar he used to play.
Maton EBG808TE Tommy Emmanuel Signature
Are you curious to know what guitar Tommy Emmanuel plays? The Maton EBG808TE Tommy Emmanuel Signature Guitar is a beloved gear of Tommy Emmanuel. It is a steel-string Maton acoustic guitar made for professional musicians. The EBG808TE is the first in a series of high-quality guitars with a solid tonewood top, solid mahogany back and sides, and an all-mahogany neck.
- There are two humbuckers on the guitar, a P-90 at the neck and a humbucker at the bridge.
- It also contains a 3-way pickup selector switch and volume and tonal controls for each pickup separately.
- Moreover, the pickups are wired out of phase so that when you combine them, it creates something entirely new.
- The sustain is unparalleled, as are the rich tones across the entire frequency spectrum. It has a sound that is clear, crisp, and bold with lots of projection.
- For fingerpicking or strumming, this guitar is impressive, but you will be amazed at how well it can handle heavy strumming too.
- Moreover, it features Maton’s patented X Brace system. It utilizes two layers of ash running parallel to each other on either side of the body to produce.
It encompasses Maton’s unique ‘M’ profile neck, making it easy to play all day long while providing excellent fret access and comfort. Moreover, the fingerboard has been designed to be fast playing and has been fitted with subtle rolled edges on all frets so your fingers will not catch on any sharp edges during those marathon gigs. The headstock design incorporates Maton’s signature, and that is what makes it such a worthy piece of musical instrument.
Tommy Emmanuel is an accomplished musician that shows no sign of slowing down. He’s been playing the guitar since he was ten years old, and this has given him plenty of time to develop his style. I hope after reading my post, you got to know: what kind of guitar does Tommy Emmanuel play?
Also Visit and Read: What kind of guitar does Joe Walsh play?